- Morning tea on my sunny balcony
- Retiring my boots for the summer (I’ve lived in them this long winter)
- Late afternoons spent on a blanket in the park
- Stopping for breakfast on a terrace of a cafe on my way into work some mornings
- A very social March
- A possible trip to the States soon enough
- Leaving the house without a coat, 2 scarves, and gloves
- Trips to the beach with the dogs
- The need for sunglassses and my parasol again
It’s not that I’ve had nothing to write lately. On the contrary, I have loads to say, but it’s all going into my real diary, in real words scrawled in ink, meant only for me to get it off my chest and capture this time in my life for my own sake, not so much for the sake of the internets.
But I am still on the look out for blog fodder, and since March is building up to be very full socially, I don’t think that will be much of a problem. What I want (need) more than anything is the distraction of friends right now (check), a busy work load at the hotel (check) and maybe a hardcore gym routine to make me sweat (no check…not yet anyway).
But right now I’m off to meet a friend for lunch, because this week is Restaurant Week, and I’ve been fully taking advantage of that as an excuse to get together with friends and check out some new places to eat (6 in total, if you must know). And later on I am going to go see Hot Chip with a good friend, so all in all yes…I’m getting what I want: Distraction.